Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Chase!

Tuesday afternoon, I had the privilege of picking up our kids from their school, Mentor Christian School. For a change of pace, I drove my wife's 1995 SAAB 900 S. At first I wasn't sure about this car. During my recent visit with Eggs, I wondered aloud why people like the NG900s. It's just not the same as the C900s we've owned in the past. But the more I drive the car, the more I like it. And being that it's a 5 speed manual, that makes the drive a little more enjoyable.

But back to my story. I was driving west on Jackson Street in Painesville and spied another NG900 ahead of me. It was black with three silver hubcaps. And despite the missing hardware, it was a very nice looking car. Unfortunately, driving the speed limit and getting a closer look weren't compatible. So, I took the shortcut toward Newell Road and began thinking about other things. But when I got to Newell, the little black SAAB was just passing in front of me. The chase was on!

I ended up following the car across the Newell Street railroad tracks, down Blackbrook Road, up Route 44 North, and all the way down Lakeshore Blvd. until he turned off at Corduroy Road. It was a fun addition to my day. So, to whomever the driver of that black 900 S was, thanks for the chase. You probably didn't even know it was happening, but it made my day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the comic

Anonymous said...

saw ti sruoy ?