Saturday, November 29, 2008

November Car Sightings

Last night after work, I stopped by Mentor's Wal Mart to purchase a light bulb. The compact fluorescent bulb in our kitchen fan finally burned out. To be honest, I'm not sure if it really lasted any longer than an incandescent would have but they are supposed to save you money over the long haul (see the NY Times article). So, this time I purchased a four pack of incandescent bulbs for $1.88 +tax. It's hard to go wrong with $1.88 even if they need to be changed more often.

Despite the fact that you may be able to convince me to go back to long lasting light bulbs, this is a car blog not consumer report. So, let's get back to business. Just before I walked into Wal Mart, I walked past a car that got a lot of attention when I was a kid. In fact, this car in hatch back form was one of my favorites (for some odd reason). There was something about the bubble shape that made it unique. Know what it is? If not, ask Daniel Strohl at Hemmings Auto blog.


Today a customer drove into the dealership with one of my all time favorite cars, a dark green 1993 SAAB 900 S 5 speed. This was a beautiful car with just over 100,000 miles on it. After offering to give her a free car wash and taking this picture, she asked, "Are you interested in my car?" Before I could think of what to say, another salesman saved me with, "You have to understand that that's Andy's favorite car." She said that if she were to sell the car it would have to go to the right person. Who knows? Maybe it will work out some day. In any event, it was a nice car and I thoroughly enjoyed driving it back to get washed.

No comments: