Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Contest




I have decided not to take part in the Pride of Ownership contest at TrollhattanSaab.net. The SAAB we own is fairly old with plenty of dirt, rust, and dings. No room for pride there. Instead, I'm creating another contest that allows regular guys to enter their vehicles. It's called the Just Happy it Runs Contest (JHiRC).



Any JHiRC can enter as long as it meets the following criteria:
  1. Make sure your car hasn't been washed in the last month or so.

  2. Make sure your hub caps don't match or at least have the spare tire on for the picture.

  3. Make sure you take the picture on a dismal cloudy day.

  4. Get a close up shot of all dents.

  5. Be sure there are ugly cars or children (not necessarily ugly) climbing fences in the background.

  6. The blurrier the better.
Winners will be selected at random.

2 comments:

Swade said...

The latest POO effort isn't a contest, Andy, it's just inviting submissions for the planned book, just to make sure we give everyone a chance to get involved.

JHIRunners are welcome, too :-)

Andy Rupert said...

Yeah, I thought I'd post an entry, but when I saw the mismatched hubcaps I figured it was better to laugh at myself than submit one.