Saturday, July 26, 2008

Going, going...


After almost five months of enjoyment, we've decided to put the XJ-S up for sale. With gas prices the way they are and having access to efficient, maintenance free vehicles at the dealership, it seems that we would be better off selling our sports touring car. :(



With that in mind I took the car to the free car show that meets next to the K-Mart in Mentor. There were probably 75 cars displayed, but only one Jaguar. That was in my favor. I didn't advertise well, but the back of my business card (with hand printed asking price and phone number) drew in three interested people.

The first interested party took a business card without me seeing him. The second was an employee of Stoddard's Imports (which just so happens to be across the street from Leikin Volvo). The other was an Englishman accent and all. Both took a card and asked a few questions. The Englishman knew alot about Jaguars and didn't seem to be put off by the negatives I mentioned. Funny thing was that as I left, the first fellow asked whether the other was close to making a decision.

Nice. Very nice.

1 comment:

Andy Rupert said...

P.S. Sorry, but I forgot to take the camera to the car meet. There were some very interesting cars. Of note were:

A Ford Anglia
1939 Fiat Topolina
1939? Packard One Twenty
1959 El Camino
1966 Buick Skylark (my 2nd car)
1968 Porsche 911
1974 Porsche 911

and many, many ugly hot rods and chop tops — Yuck!