- high pressure turbo 5 cyl, 2.5L engine, 300 HP
- 6-speed manual transmission
- 17" Pegasus alloy wheels with 235/45/17 Pirelli P-Zero Rosso
- FOUR-C chassis
- Electronically controlled AWD with instant traction
- Brembo 4 piston calipers
- rear spoiler
- Bi-Xenon headlamps with headlamp washers
- Full soft leather multi-contoured sport seats
- Blue watchdial instruments
My opportunity arrived last week when things were a bit slow. My test route took me down Mentor Avenue and Rt. 306 to Rt. 2. Unfortunately, there were plenty of cars on the on ramp, making it difficult to test the acceleration. But it didn't take long to realize that this was a very fast car. It was so fast that unless you choose to exceed the speed limit on a regular basis (which I do not) it would prove to be a boring ride. The car accelerates so quickly to 60 mph (6.1 sec4)that once you've arrived there's nothing else to do.
The 2004 Volvo S60 R will hold its own against small supercars like the Subaru WRX-STi and the Lancer Evolution. In fact it is every bit as quick as those two cars yet it feels considerably more refined, like an Audi S4.1
Let me assure you that this would be a fun car to own. If it were my own, I am sure that I would enjoy zipping through the back roads of Lake County on a regular basis. But as the car is selling for $24,990 at the moment, I just didn't feel comfortable pushing it too hard. You understand, right?