Thursday, May 15, 2008

Interview Update

I arrived at Leikin Volvo a bit earlier than my scheduled 6:30 pm interview. So, I used the extra time to take a walk through the used car section of the lot. I was pleasantly surprised that the prices were actually lower than expected. For example, they had a nice jet-black 2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i for just under $20k. Unfortunately, as a Volvo salesman I'll not be allowed to sell anything but new or used Volvos. But, it is nice to see a variety of nice vehicles on the lot.

The interview went well. The first part involved the sales manager. He basically reviewed my resume and went over the basics of a salesman's responsibilities and salary. After giving me a chance to ask a few questions, he introduced me to the owner of the company, Mr. Leikin. He was a classy person with a pleasant personality. After asking a few questions about my previous employment, he wanted to know if I was interested in this job for the long haul. According to him, a salesman doesn't become especially successful until he has several years under his belt.

At the end of the interview, he left me in his office to confer with the sales manager. After a few minutes had passed, he reported that they were both interested in me. The next step was me filling out their application, which I did. They will now check my driving record and probably do a check on my references and former employers. If they are satisfied with what they find and offer me the job, I'm going to take it. But as I mentioned in the earlier post, we'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Steven said...

-interview, Andy, but I've been away all week. Am pleased to read that it seemed to go well, though. I hope you showed them your great singing voice :-)

I look forward to hearing the outcome.

Andy Rupert said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Steven. As to singing, for some reason I forgot to sing the song. I guess 'Release Me' didn't quite go along with wanting to be hired.