Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Song to Beat Eggs with

EggsnGrits wrote several articles about his search for just the right SAAB. I know the feeling. After selling the Turbo, it was difficult to find just the right car. The search included dealerships, used car lots, classifieds, and internet advertisements. After a while, the search gets old. But then you find just the right car ... the drive of your life.
THE DRIVE OF MY LIFE (listen)
(sung to the tune of "You Light up my Life")

So many nights I sat by my computer
Waiting for someone to sell me his Saab
So many cars were listed on Ebay
Nothing exciting, till you came along

You’re … the drive of my life
Even my wife
She would agree
How can I explain
That this was a deal … for me
As nice as the car looked in pictures, something happened as he was bringing the car back. You can read about his experience here. Thankfully, he was able to get it fixed the same day. But is he still thrilled with the vehicle after seeing the repair bill?
Driving along, enjoying the scenery
What is that flapping? And I'm not prepared
Sounds like a flat but the gauges stopped working
Man what is happening? Could I have been wrong? Still...

You were … the drive of my life
But would my wife
Would she agree?
How can I explain
What this will cost … for me?

Please don't go wrong
You seemed so right
'Cause you … you were the drive of my life

2 comments:

EggsnGrits said...

You have way too much time on your hands.

EggsnGrits said...

And, the $5400 for the car and $500 for the parts, labor and towing was well within budget.