Sunday, December 09, 2007

Contest Entry

When it was time to sell our 1988 Saab 900 Turbo, I looked for the perfect place to take the picture. But seeing as snow was still on the ground, my choices were limited. Then I remembered an interesting building which would make the car stand out.



There are a number of interesting building in Painesville, Ohio, but the Fitzgerald's Bed and Breakfast has to be on the top of my list. The building is not only unique; it is also a comfortable place to spend an evening. The hospitality of the couple who owns it is also very good. Stop by, you'll be given a tour of the beautiful interior. (Click on the link to see pictures of the rooms and great hall. Each room is decorated with items brought back from their annual trips to Ireland and Europe. And if you can affordto own a Saab, you'll have no problem with their pricing.

When I pulled in front of the house, I intended to secure permission to take the photograph. But when nobody answered the door, I figured they wouldn't mind. So, I backed into the driveway and hopped out of the car with my camera. I had no sooner closed the door, when the owners drove up asking what I was doing in their driveway. "Uhhh ... well, I ... uh." But after introducing myself as a former customer, they quickly granted permission. And I'm glad they did as the picture helped sell the car for a very good price.

No comments: