Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Buckeye–Tasmanian Christmas Carols

The pre-school kids on my school bus were singing Jingle Bells this week. But as usual they didn't know all the words. It'll be a while before they understand why my oriental bus monitor and I were laughing so hard. But it actually sounded something like this:
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
Jingle onna way,
Mao Tse-Tung uh huh huh huh,
O Jingle, Jingle Bells, Hey!
Then this evening, when my oldest son and I got home from cub scouts, my wife told me our daughter had added new lyrics to the Austrian carol, "Still, Still, Still." For the third verse she sang "Swade, Swade, Swade" and something about "You will have to-oo meet him every day." For those who don't know, Swade happens to be a blogger from Tasmania who owns and writes about SAAB cars. Hmm... I guess the old saying still holds true:
You can take your children out of a SAAB,
but you can't take the SAAB out of your children.

2 comments:

Steven said...

Wow! Immortalised in song. I'm touched :-)

And on the same day as a Mao Tse Tung improv, too. I'm lovin it.

EggsnGrits said...

Oi. I think.