Monday, September 10, 2007

Climate Control Part 2

The rebuilt climate control unit arrived in the mail today. So, after supper and family devotions I began the long awaited project. However, before getting started, I had a big question on my mind. How do you take apart a luxury automobile's center console and put it together without making it look like you did it yourself?



Thankfully, I had purchased Jaguar's Parts & Service Manuals on CD ($53 at Jagbits.com) earlier this summer. That made a big difference. It pointed out step by step where screws and tabs were. And as each page was viewable in Adobe Acrobat, I was able to print out the three sheets I needed most. You can see from the pictures that a few plastic tabs were broken off during the process. Be that as it may, everything went back together well and the unit works.

Hurrah!

No comments: