Friday, April 13, 2007

The Cure

Every once in a while, I feel like selling one of our cars. Recently, I've been wondering about selling the Turbo. As I've mentioned earlier some exotic cars have been tugging at my leash and contribute to the desire for something new. What's the cure? On a spiritual level, contentment is the key.
Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.
—1 Tim. 6:6.
But on a physical level, taking the time to clean out "the old tub" has proven to be therapeutic. Just an hour or two with some soapy water and the garden hose often helps me to appreciate what the Lord has provided. Honestly, if the right situation presented itself, I may end up selling the car (the reason for all the pictures). But after cleaning up the Turbo, I have to admit that the car is in pretty good shape for being almost 19 years old (6/88).


































3 comments:

Andy Rupert said...

Somebody asked how much I'd sell the Turbo for. Here's what I'm thinking:

POSITIVES:

We recently replaced the fabric for the moon roof, headliner, C pillars, and door inserts. It also comes with a new CD/MP3/SD card/AM/FM radio. It has OEM MY 1988 SPG rims and new front Nokian 195/60 R15 tires. I also replaced the normal APC box with a MY 1988 900 SPG APC box.

NEGATIVES:

The AC, power door locks, and seat heaters don't work. The speedometer and odometer also need to be repaired. (Peruse my fix it category to see what has been done recently.)

ASKING PRICE:

With all that put together, I would be happy to sell it for $2500.

EggsnGrits said...

Keep it.

Andy Rupert said...

Always nice to read words of encouragement, eh?