Friday, March 30, 2007

My favorite color



My job allows me to be home on Fridays, which also allows me to work on the projects I've long neglected. Today's project was reupholstering the door inserts on the Turbo. Trenton and I visited Wal Mart's fabric and craft section and found nothing that matched the dark maroon paneling. But just as I was about to give up, I found a nice fabric in my favorite color ... plaid! It may not match the exterior color of the car (and may hinder ever selling the car in the future) but I've got plaid inserts! Sweet!

P.S. Where's Trenton?

6 comments:

Laura said...

Wal-mart has a great fabric section - if you like treasure hunting! Their prices are good, though, when you do find something that will work for you.
The plaid looks good, although it makes me think that you are driving a vintage car - from the late 60's. By the way, this is one use of plaid that will not evoke the question, "does this make me look fat?"

KatriniZambini said...

I like it!
It took me 2 years (?) to finally finish reupholstering our hide-a-bed. The fabric for the back panel was a few inches short, but easily hidden. Last week I sewed a strip on to finish it off. Hurray. By the way. The couch cushions are plaid ( :

Swade said...

Absolutely magnificent!

Brought in an instant smile, and very original.

Posted!!

Adam said...

Very cool, I like the plaid and burgundy combo... my mom's old 9000's door panels are sagging now and need to be reglued- could never figure out how to get them apart without damaging it. Was it difficult on your 900?

Andy Rupert said...

Thanks for the nice comments, all.

Adam, 900 panels are very easy to remove. One screw near the inside door handle and a clip on either end is all that holds it to the door.

Our 9000 had the same problem. But I sold it before attempting to fix the sags.

EggsnGrits said...

Looks a bit chavy, but it looks like a quality job!

I have the burgundy interior as well, but I was lucky enough to find vinyl that was the same color for my panels. Looks very OEM-ish.

I can't find the pic or I would post it.