Saturday, February 03, 2007

New Car

We have been praying for wisdom to know what kind of vehicle to get as a second car. The Saab has been fun and reliable, but it was becoming a bit cramped for three children. So, we looked at Saab 9000s, 7-passenger Volvo wagons, and Mercury Villagers, but nothing seemed right until Friday afternoon. After visiting every other lot on Vine Street, we finally purchased a 1999 Chevrolet Venture.





It comes with a 185 hp, 3.4 liter, V6 engine, automatic transmission, power everything, dual sliding doors, four bucket seats, rear bench, scarlet and gray color scheme, and an AM/FM radio, tape, and CD player. My wife is happy. The kids are happy. And I'm happy that they're happy. The Lord provided just what we needed — even if it's not a Saab.

4 comments:

Andy Rupert said...

I still have the emblems from the 86 9000 turbo. Do you think I should make the van into a "turbo"?

KatriniZambini said...

Go bucks!

EggsnGrits said...

Ouch. The minivan (especially the Chevy) as an answer to prayer? Now that's a lot of faith!!

Andy Rupert said...

Yeah, but when we had to take two cars to church just so the neighbor kids could go with us, I think we made a pretty good decision.

But if it makes you feel better, I've got an extra Classic 900 grille that I'm thinking might fit the front end!