Monday, December 04, 2006

Yep!

I've been following the saga of the three member Sand Dodgers team as they prepare their car for a charity race to Senegal. Two things have kept me interested: (1) They are driving a Saab 99 Turbo which looks very much like the 900 Turbo I drive daily, and (2) their sense of humor. One of their latest entries made me smile:
Things went well, the car seems to be running quite a lot better than it has, well, EVER really. Adjusted the timing slightly, replaced the missing thermostat and now she runs like a dream…. well not quite. I did take it out for a bit of a spin in the afternoon and was pleasantly surprised, nothing fell off, no bangs, no pops and the turbo is still doing its job. Always its always good to burn someone off the lights in a car that looks like it should have been scrapped 10 years ago, I am not sure who was more surprised, me or them.
But my favorite was the entry about the speedometer.
The speedo get’s carried away if you go over 80 and just keeps going round to the pin at 150!
Sound familiar?

No comments: