Sunday, December 24, 2006

White Gauges

After riding in a Chrysler 300 a few years ago, the idea of having white gauge faces for my Saab 900's instrument cluster grew on me. Others have had the same idea, but I really didn't want to print out my own on white paper with the possibility of the paper turning yellow over time. Know what I mean?



So, I did a little searching on the internet and found a place called White Gauges on the internet. They produce white faced gauge decals for a number of popular cars. And they look pretty good, too! But alas and alack, they have none for the classic Saab 900 (or any Saab for that matter). So, not knowing what else to do, I wrote them an email asking how much custom work would cost. This evening after our church's Christmas eve service, I received the following email:
Thank you for your request for your vehicle, we here at white gauges work very hard to get your business and would love to release white gauges for your application.

Releasing white gauges depends on how hard the cluster is to get a hold of and how many request we actually get for your particular vehicle. We have a great exchange deal for sending in an (extra cluster); send in the cluster along with $25 to the address below and please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery on the white gauges. If you need the cluster back please attach a money order for $60 and a note that you need the cluster back. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask or give a call, thanks

-Ryan Blackburn-
www.whitegauges.net
www.durangedesign.com
Duranged Design Inc.
574 W Billinis Rd
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Orders: 866-935-6200
Questions/Fax: 801-265-1100
It just so happens that I recently bought an extra cluster on eBay as my speedometer has been acting up. How about that? So ... can you guess what I'm going to do with some extra Christmas money?

No comments: