Friday, December 15, 2006

How free is free?



What would you do if someone offered you a free car? If the car was local, I would look it over and determine whether or not it would end up being a bottomless pit. Well ... I'm faced with that situation. But in my case, the car is located 470 miles away.

While selling some parts from the 9000, I came across an advertisement for a free Saab Sonett which (according to the owner) needs a carburetor. Obviously, there are probably a number of other problems with the car as it has been sitting since the late nineties. But, as the local possibilities continue to disappoint, it sounds more and more attractive.

3 comments:

Andy Rupert said...

It wasn't meant to be. The car had already been given to someone else. But I do have a line on another 900 in Blossvale NY. We'll see.

Swade said...

Bummer.

I'd meant to comment on this when I first saw the post. What an opportunity!

Andy Rupert said...

After thinking through the idea, it's probably better that it didn't happen. Besides the needed repairs, I'm over 6 feet tall. I probably would have needed a moon roof just to drive it!