Monday, November 20, 2006

Tachometer = ? mph

If you have read any of the recent posts, you know that my speedometer has lost its mind. At the moment, the price for the repair is not in my budget. But I would like to know what speed I am traveling—especially in Grand River, Ohio. I'm not a speeder, but I keep wondering what I would say if the highway patrol happened to pull me over.
Officer: Young man, how fast were you driving?

Me: I really don't know, officer.

Officer: Don't give me that! What did your speedometer say?

Me: Do I really have to answer that?

Officer: I've had about enough of your mouth! Out of the car!

Me: It's broken! Really, it's broken!

Officer: Yeah, whatever. Tell it to the judge.
So with such wonderful thoughts traveling through my brain, I am asking for your help. If you are a present or former Saab 900 owner, you may be able to help me figure out my speed by using the tachometer. I'm driving a 1988 Saab 900 Turbo with a five speed manual connected to 195/65/R15 Nokians. If you are able, I'd like to know what the tach should say in the following scenarios:
_______ rpm at 25 mph in 2nd gear

_______ rpm at 35 mph in 3rd gear

_______ rpm at 60 mph in 5th gear

_______ rpm at 65 mph in 5th gear
Any help would be appreciated.

No comments: