Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Dumb Criminals

While researching for my Bible class, I took the time to listen to a sermon by Dr. David Innis, pastor of Hamilton Square Baptist Church in San Fransisco, California. At the beginning of his message, he told this light hearted joke. I thought you might enjoy it.
A policeman pulled over a driver and walked up to the window. With a worried expression, the driver rolled down the window and said, “Officer, did I do something wrong?” “No,” said the officer. “You didn’t do anything wrong. I’ve been following you for at least four miles. When you come to a stop sign, you come to a complete stop. When you turn you use your turn signal. You’ve been obeying all the traffic laws perfectly. And you’ve been courteous to other drivers. So I have pulled you over to give you the good driver’s award.”

The driver smiled and said, “Does that mean I get my driver’s license back?” The fellow in the seat next to him leaned over and said, “Officer, don’t pay any attention to him. He always talks silly like that when he’s been drinking too much.” Their friend in the back seat said, “I told you two guys we’d never get away with this stolen car.” Then, from back in the trunk, there was a thump, thump, thump. “Are we across the border yet?”

No comments: