Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Mystery Car I — Revealed

I had the privilege of working with Pastor Gassman at Peniel Bible Camp and Morrow Bible Church for about two years (1991-93). He gave me the opportunity to work with the youth group, teach a teen Sunday School class, and lead Wednesday evening prayer meetings while I was attending the Bible Institute of Ohio. The Lord used that time at that church to develop me as a young Christian. Pastor Gassman was extrememly patient with me and proved to be just the right person to work with me at that stage of my life.



During that time one of my classmates, Mervyn Brereton, gave me this car. It lasted through my summer internship (had to replace the automatic transmission) and my first year of college. Some of my mechanic friends at the Honda dealership in Dublin didn't think it would make it to Dunbar, Wisconsin. But it did. Then at the end of the school year, I was unable to afford the drive home. So as per my agreement with Mervyn, I kept the car in the ministry by offering it to a college student headed for the mission field. No doubt, the car has been buried in a Wisconsin salvage yard since then. But these pictures have brought back quite a few good memories.

Answer: 1980 Chevy Monza
Click here to see the various models produced from 1975-1980.

No comments: